Monday, February 11, 2008

My Name

My name is Cody David Wiens. My parents never used any traditional family names for the first name. So my first name came from an early eighties movie character who was a child genius. This is funny considering that I don't consider myself overly smart at all. Cody means good helper.
My middle name, David, was my grandfathers and uncles name. Then my last name, Wiens, is only a third generation American name. It followed my German great grandfather to America. Since then it has added many nationalities. I am a quarter German, a quarter Swede, an eighth Norwegian, an eighth French, a sixteenth Scotch, and finally another sixteenth Blackfoot Cherokee Indian. The Wiens name carries a lot of pride. While considering its entire heritage I have had an ancestor in every war that America has fought although we fought for the wrong side in the civil war.

No comments: