Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Favorite Toy


It's funny to me that the first thing that came to mind for me was an old 1970 Opel GT that my dad had sitting in the garage. The look of the car is a smaller version of a 1969 Corvette Stingray in the front, and the look of an 80's Porsche 944 in the back. The car was totaled and never ran, but I loved to sit in it and pretend I was driving at ridiculous speeds. There were many days when I would sit in it for hours pretending that I was being chased by the cops or that I was an officer in high speed persuit. Now that I am an adult I have moved out of the play stage, and moved strait into the real life version my 1969 Opel GT. There's a good chance that if you have been outside on campus lately you've seen me tooling around in it, usually toting a friend to a class. I fell in love with this type of car when I was young, and it now has become my most favorite possession. Pictured above (my little brother Chris with my Opel)

No comments: